Ewa Elementary School Celebrates "Lincoln Day" | Events
The following information is provided by the Department of Education:
On Friday, February 10, 2012, the students of Ewa Elementary School will honor Abraham Lincoln at our 68th Annual Lincoln Day Program, which is held on our campus in front of the Lincoln Statue beginning at 8:20 a.m.
Students from Preschool to Grade 6 will perform tributes to honor Abraham Lincoln. The Royal Hawaiian Band will also be participating in this celebration to Lincoln. In addition, the traditional lei draping of the Lincoln statue will be a major part of the program.
Through the generosity of Katherine McIntosh Burke, a great admirer of Lincoln as well as a Teacher and Principal of Ewa School from 1919 to 1927, our “Lincoln, the Frontiersman” statue was dedicated on February 12, 1944. Funds for our statue were provided through Ms. Burke’s estate. Dr. Avard Fairbanks, Associate Professor of Sculpture at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor was commissioned to build our beautiful bronze statue.
Please join us as our students, teachers and community pay tribute to Abraham Lincoln. Parking arrangements can be made by notifying our office of your attendance. Please call our office at 681-8202 with your response.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend DVD, CD and Cookbook Sale at Waipahu Library on March 22
- Hear Storyteller Share Stories & Music of Ireland at Mililani Library
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Avalon development co. Purchases industrial park in Kapolei; 17 fee-simple lots to go on sale
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free "Design on a Dollar" Seminar
- CBP's NATO West Program Helps New Recruits Transition Quickly to Career in Real Estate
- Kapolei Library Offers Spring Reading Program and Adult Event in March
- CBP hosts “Off-Base Housing: How Military Personnel Buy and Sell in Hawaii” Seminar